A tasty and sweet recipe for finger-lickin wing sauce – or use it anywhere that you crave sweet BBQ sauce!
- One cup of mild soy sauce
- Half cup of vinegar
- 1 medium sized onion – cut into small pieces
- 6 cloves of garlic – chopped into small pieces
- Mix the above and sauté until the onions are transparent, and brought to a boil.
- Add I bottle of Oyster sauce – and keep stirring as not to burn at the bottom.
- Add one can of Sprite (If, not then Ginger Ale works fine).
- Add two bottles of Banana Ketchup (bought at Filipino stores – or Superstore).
- Mix altogether, and bring to a boil.
- Then add one cup of brown sugar.
- Mix together, until it boils and thickens slightly.
For wings – cut in halves – wash, and place in the mix. Leave in for ten minutes – allowing the mixture to marinate the meat.
Take out the wings from the mixture – after ten minutes, and grill.
Flickr image by: megan.chromik