Summer is approaching, and that means outdoor activities, and especially grilling. Grilling is an American tradition, but unfortunately, the choice of food to be grilled for a picnic is almost always the same fare: hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn. There is no question that those are delicious and satisfying, but there are other choices that are as delectable as they are easy to prepare. No matter what you’ll be grilling, remember to practice food safety.
This summer, try some new recipes that will spice up your family barbecue and expand your capabilities as a BBQ chef…start with trying this popular breakfast on the grill instead of inside on the stove
BBQ Cinnamon French Toast
- ?6 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- Hot milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Bananas and strawberries
- ?¼ c. lemon juice
- ?4 tbsp honey
- Heat the milk and place in a plate.
- Beat the eggs and place in another plate.
- Place the bread in the hot milk for a second or two, then immediately immerse in the beaten egg, then place on the grill, or on a vegetable pan specially made for grills.
- While one side of the toast grills, cut up the banana and strawberries into a salad, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside.
- Turn the toast to grill the other side.
- Remove from the grill when ready, place on a plate, surrounded by the fruit salad, drizzle the honey, and enjoy.
This recipe could easily do double duty as dessert.
Guest Author: This article was written by Jamie Peterson, an up-and-coming food blogger who looks forward to sharing her secrets with the web. If you’re looking to create or remodel your outdoor kitchen to make your next barbecue even more epic, make sure to check out Home Exterior Systems for more information on how you can get it done!