Summer is approaching, and that means outdoor activities, and especially grilling. Grilling is an American tradition, but unfortunately, the choice of food to be grilled for a picnic is almost always the same fare: hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn. There is no question that those are delicious and satisfying, but there are other choices that are as delectable as they are easy to prepare. No matter what you’ll be grilling, remember to practice food safety.
A tasty and healthy recipe that is a perfect side dish for any meal – or is good enough to be a meal by itself.
- ?1 each red, orange and green pepper
- 1 large red onion
- A few cloves garlic, to taste
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 2 large beets
- 5 or 6 large radishes
- 3 carrots
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Cut the peppers in strips, removing the cores.
- Slice the red onion and the garlic cloves.
- Cut up the Japanese eggplant into bite-size pieces.
- Cut up the beets into slices about 1/3 inch thick.
- Slice the radishes and cut the carrots lengthwise.
- Place the veggies on a large pan, drizzle generously with olive oil, and sprinkle sea salt and coarse black pepper over all the vegetables.
- Toss gently to coat, and place on the grill to cook until tender and a bit charred.
- Then, place the grilled vegetables over a bed of your favorite lettuce
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in two and place over the vegetables
- Drizzle the dressing over the entire salad.
Serve with garlic bread.
Guest Author: This article was written by Jamie Peterson, an up-and-coming food blogger who looks forward to sharing her secrets with the web. If you’re looking to create or remodel your outdoor kitchen to make your next barbecue even more epic, make sure to check out Home Exterior Systems for more information on how you can get it done!