Cajun Shrimp and Catfish Recipe
- 2 tbs low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tbs low-salt blackening seasoning
- 1 ½ lbs catfish fillets; cut int ½ inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup light Alfredo sauce (such as Contadina)
- 1 tbs fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbs grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 5 ½ cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Place buttermilk and blackening seasoning in a large bowl, stirring to blend. Add catfish; toss to gently coat
- Heat large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add catfish mixture; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Place catfish mixture in a 2 ½ qt shallow casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms, and chopped parsley; saute 3 minutes. Add shrimp; saute 3 minutes. Spoon shrimp mixture over catfish.
- Combine Alfredo sauce and broth, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over shrimp mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve over rice
Yield: 8 servings
Brought to you by Clubhouse Tailgate