In a previous post, we provided a recipe for BBQ Ribs – Memphis style. Here is an awesome rub to complement that recipe for Memphis style ribs…
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, such as kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix together all of the ingredients in an airtight container and store at
room temperature. The rub will keep for several months.
Yield: about 1 cup, enough for 8 pounds of Memphis-Style Ribs.
Recipe brought to you by The Tool Wizard