Garlic Grilled Tomatoes
There is nothing better than roasted tomatoes on the grill to accompany a barbecue dinner. Add a touch of garlic to the mix and it becomes divine.
- 6 ripe red tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Heat the grill to a med/med-high temperature
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves – very fine
- Mix the olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and brush liberally on the cut tomatoes
- Brush olive oil on the grill to keep the tomatoes from sticking.
- Place the tomatoes cut-side down on the hot grate and grill 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the tomatoes with tongs or a spatula and add the parmeasan cheese to the top of the grilled tomato
- Grill for another 2-3 minutes and then remove the tomatoes from the grill.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a plate or a serving platter and add fresh parsley as garnish
Serve immediately with a thick med-rare ribeye steak and a fresh squeezed lemonade