Deviled eggs were a regular addition to every special occasion of our family. I have tried lots of other recipes, but this recipe for Deviled Eggs is my favorite.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 2 tsp Honey Mustard
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 Tsp of finely minced onion
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- Coarse Salt and Pepper
- Dash of garlic salt
- Paprika for garnish
- 2 tsp of finely chopped parsely for garnish
- Boil the eggs. Don’t put too many eggs in the pan and add water so that it covers the eggs by ~1 inch.
- Add a pinch of salt and vinegar to the water. This will keep the eggs from cracking
- Bring the water to a boil and then take the pot off of the heat. Let the eggs sit for ~20 mins in the hot water
- Flash cool the eggs by transferring them to ice water and let them sit for 10-15 mins
- Liberally crack the eggs and let them sit for an additional 5 mins in the ice water to help them peel easier
- Peel the eggs and wash them off so that none of the shell fragments remain. There is nothing worse than biting into a deviled egg and running into a shell fragment. That shell crunch is so wrong!
- Use a sharp knife to cut each egg in half and remove the yolk into a separate bowl. Arrange the empty egg whites on your favorite serving platter
- Mash up the egg yolks and add the mustard, mayo, tobasco, onion, and finely chopped parsely. After mixing, add a dash of salt, pepper and garlic salt and mix again well.
- Spoon the egg mix into the waiting egg yolks and sprinkle the paprika on top
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving
The sweetness of the honey mustard combined with the saltiness of the garlic salt make this recipe especially good!
Let me know your favorite recipe for deviled eggs