Michael Wright’s homemade mint-chocolate chip ice cream recipe. It is his wife’s favorite ice cream recipe!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup Nestle dark chocolate chunks
- STEP ONE: Assemble all ingredients and cooking utensils.
- STEP TWO: Im a large bowl, stir togetehr the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla and peppermint extracts until the sugars have dissolved.
- STEP THREE: Color to your liking by adding drops of food coloring while mixing.
- STEP FOUR: Pour the mixture into an ice cream mixer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- STEP FIVE: Add the chocolate chunks about 10 minutes AFTER the mixture has been mixing so that the chunks won’t settle to the bottom.
- LAST STEP: Once the ice cream maker has stopped, serve and enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW? Ice cream salt is added to ice to make it freeze. Ice melts at 32 degrees. Ice cream does not begin freeze until it reaches a temperature of 27 degrees. Therefore, rock salt is added to the ice to make it melt faster. It can quickly bring the temperature down to 8-12 degrees.
Purchase Michael’s best-selling book at http://www.athomewithmichael.com.
Highly recommended by Amazon.com.