A great recipe to serve at your next Monday Night Football Chili Cookoff or just for a great family dinner on a cool, wet fall evening.
- 3 pounds chopped stew meat
- 1 can (15 ounces ranch style chili beans)
- 1 can (15 ounces black beans)
- 1 can (15 ounces) light kidney beans
- 1 can (small can ~8 ounces) drained whole corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced stewed tomatoes with chilis
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 small jar (~8 ounces) salsa – mild, medium or hot depending on how hot you like your chili
- 1/2 package of chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, cook the stew meat and onions until meat is browned (medium heat)
- Combine the meat, vegetables, salsa, tomato sauce, and spices into a crock pot and stir vigorously until thoroughly mixed.
- Cook for 6-8 hours to let the flavors mix together.
- If cooking on the stove, let the chili simmer for 2 hours at low heat.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, some cheddar cheese and diced onion on top. It is fantastic