- 4 each 6 to 8 oz filet mignon
- 2 tbs cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 3 oz of bourbon
- 1 tsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp finely minced red onion
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 oz richly flavored beef stock
- 4 to 6 oz demi glaze
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 each 3 in seasoned croutons
- Season filets with seasoned salt and place on char grill to mark.
- When neatly marked on both sides, place on a half sheet pan and finish cooking to temperature in hot oven
- In a hot saute pan, melt the butter, add cracked black pepper and garlic, shallots and onion. Saute until vegetables are tender crisp
- Deglaze the pan with beef stock and reduce to 2 to 3 tsp of liquid.
- Deglaze again with the bourbon and reduce by ½.
- Add demi glaze and blend well with a whip until smooth
- When filets are cooked to temperature, place on a crouton and top with bourbon peppercorn sauce
Brought to you by our good friends at Clubhouse Tailgate