My family and I had a BBQ with friends on Sunday. I had purchased some awesome steaks, but didn’t have time to do the normal overnight pre-cook rituals to maximize the flavor of the meat.
So, at the last minute, just before placing the steaks on the grill, I liberally dusted each thick steak with the following spices:
- pepper – more than you would expect
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- steak seasoning – I used Lowrys Seasoning Salt
- crushed red chili pepper flakes – more than you would expect
The steaks were very flavorful and turned out great! You have to be careful not to put too much of the salt on – that can ruin the whole deal!
In times past, I have also tried – alone and in combination…
- Garlic paste or whole garlic cloves pressed and rubbed on the meat
- Lemon or Lime juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Pepsi or Coke as part of the marinade
- Soy sauce
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Various flavors of BBQ Sauce
- Various Teriyaki Sauces
- Various Italian Dressings
- Onion Soup Mix
What have you tried that turned out great?