Use common sense and use some of the following safe food handling tips to avoid food-borne illness:
- Always wash the surfaces of the counter tops before and after handling raw meat
- Never return cooked meats from your barbecue grill to the same plate that the raw meat was on.
- Be careful about the utensils that you use to handle raw meat. Don’t use the raw meat utensil on other foods unless you wash it first.
- Make sure that you marinate foods in the refrigerator not on the counter.
- After your BBQ feast, store the leftovers in the freezer or refrigerator
immediately after eating and eat the leftovers within a few days or throw them out.
Other ideas for safe food handling?